This website is continously work in progress, but stay here and feel comfortable :-)
- 11 Nov 2012 » keeping state with radio elements
- 18 Oct 2012 » Saera - very interesting, but rather alpha
- 14 Oct 2012 » SMS awesomeness on my N900
- 03 Oct 2012 » Awesome N900 - SofiaSIP and VoIP
- 19 Sep 2012 » Geierlein mentioned in Linux User magazine 10/2012
- 31 Aug 2012 » Quo Vadis Nokia N900?
- 04 Aug 2012 » From Wordpress to Jekyll
- 14 Jul 2012 » Taxbird is finally dead
- 13 Jul 2012 » Geierlein has a new homepage
- 09 Oct 2011 » Cookie DB: Spaß mit Parenscript
- 18 Feb 2011 » DBus vs. Schlange
- 18 Feb 2011 » Lauschen am DBus
- 01 Jan 2011 » gbo-to-rss Update
- 13 Aug 2010 » Geo-Charting: PLZ-Leitregionen
I got in contact with GNU/Linux back in 2000 and quickly got addicted. Back then I wrote most of my stuff in C like Ethersex, Taxbird (Gtk2 interface), libgeier and various contributions to GNU Mach. Besides I wrote Kopete SILC plugin in C++ and got in touch with Qt 3.3 and 4. Around that time I also wrote some Perl (contributions to XMLTV project) and tried out Python.
I currently make my living off free software, leading development of a SaaS-hosted web application written in PHP 5.3. There I also sharpened my skills in high performance MySQL and high availibility web hosting.
- Geierlein is a free Elster client, i.e. an application allowing to send VAT declarations to Germany's fiscal authorities. It's the successing project after libgeier and taxbird, which I initiated back in 2004.
- hbcicron is a command line application based on aqbanking, that as a cronjob regularly gets transactions of your bank account and mails a diff.
- Ethersex is a community driven firmware with network support for 8-bit AVR micro controllers. It has TCP/IP, IPv6, OpenVPN, HTTP server, etc.pp support. I have stopped contribution to Ethersex due to lack of time, but the project is still pushed forward by the community.
- Funkloader is a small bootloader for 8-bit AVR micro controllers, that retrieves data via UDP/IP over RFM12 transmitters. I used this project for mobile devices running Ethersex firmware.
- Lukija is a Pocket client for the Nokia N900 cell phone written in QML.
- HeySms is a Nokia N900 application written in Python, that forwards SMS communication to a Bonjour account (and back).